This week was the last week teams met at M-WERC’s Energy Innovation Center for WERCBench Labs. After the 12 weeks of work teams put into the program, they are ready to give their 5-minute pitches to investors, city leaders, mentors, and peers at Demo Day on January 26, 2016.
Held at the Milwaukee Public Library, Demo Day offers an insider glimpse into the future of transformative technologies from the nine WERCBench Labs teams:
- H2Q Innovation is working on a technology to create an intelligent controlling system that regulates factors such as heat, lighting, nutrients and humidity to automatically gain a desired production of crops.
- ICONAC lets utilities identify potential watermain failures and find them faster once they do occur. ICONAC’s safe, non-intrusive technology makes today’s costly and hazardous invasive and destructive testing methods obsolete.
- Improovment is developing sensor-based technology providing a solution to provide Manufacturers insight into the utilization and flow of their work cells and plant floor.
- Process Machine & Automation represents DATTUS, an IoT (Internet of Things) technology that offers predictive failure analysis helping manufacturing facilities to reduce or eliminate unscheduled downtime.
- PURESINE is developing an integrated compact solution for residential solar with a potential to maximize efficiency and improve returns on investments.
- Revolt has invented a proprietary home solar and energy storage system that is much lower cost and easier to install.
- SciArt, LLC provides a high-performance topology/design optimization tool for design engineers, specifically aimed at weight reduction of engineering structures.
- STEMhero’s proprietary customer engagement and behavior change software is used by paying teachers and utility sponsors in over 20 states and 3 continents.
- Terraoak provides innovative clean tech solutions including a patent-pending stove that significantly reduces smoke-emissions and generates electricity from heat, and a biomass fuel for a wide variety of end uses.ically aimed at weight reduction of engineering structures.
Attendees will also hear prom George Konstantakis, President of Brooks Stevens, and one of our WERCBench Labs mentors. He will set the tone for our event by addressing “Innovation and Entrepreneurs,” based on the role of innovation at Brooks Stevens, one of the leading product development firms in the U.S.
Registration is open until January 23rd, and you can register to attend Demo Day for free HERE.